Monday, June 05, 2006

Mother's Day: A Photo Essay

Yes, I know Mother's Day was three weeks ago. I'm a little behind. (Next up: Christmas 2004 in pictures!)

The Canuck got up with Muffin and let me sleep in. I had been telling people that I didn't think I even could sleep in anymore, but I made a liar of myself by snoozing peacefully until 9am. When I finally got up, somehow the Canuck had managed to whip up this gourmet breakfast with a toddler under foot. He's all about the presentation.


Breakfast was a big hit. I don't know who loved it more -- me or Muffin. We elected not to do side-by-side reaction shots since only one of us looks cute in the morning without makeup.

Since she's been so busy knocking down block towers, banging on Tupperware and pointing out the ceiling fan to anyone who will listen, Muffin plum forgot to get her mom a Mother's Day gift. She tries to charm her way out of this gaffe by being incredibly cute. It works.

To please her mommy on Mother's Day, Muffin decides to teach herself how to read. That is not enough of a challenge for a child of her intellect, so she also teaches herself how to read upside down. It turns out Good Night, Moon makes a lot more sense when you read it that way.

Finally, Muffin figures out the most fitting tribute to her mom: she reorganizes her shoe closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home