Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Back From Rehab

Some of the two people who read this blog (hi, Mom!) have wondered why I am not updating more. It’s a combination of things, really. I’ve been laying low – as low as a mother of a spastic toddler can lay – with a few minor but nonetheless nagging health issues. At the same time, the Canuck and I have both started very challenging new jobs and are recalibrating to find balance again. My new position involves much more writing than my previous one, with some overlap on the parenting issues I blather on about here, so I scratch the itch to write all day long. When I get home at night, now I scratch the American Idol itch instead.

But most of all, I think it’s just all too much. I mean that a little bit in the negative sense of feeling overwhelmed, but mostly in the most glorious sense. Life with Muffin is just so chocked full. It’s progressing at a rate I can’t keep up with, slipping through the fingers I use to type. I mean, she winks now – or tries to, in a manner that suggests a momentary eye twitch. She announces, “jump” and then gets about 2mm of vertical. She counts to ten, with her own flair: one-y, two-y, three-y. She adores speed bumps, ketchup, bracelets, Kraft singles and toilet paper. In the morning she gives me a yogurty goodbye kiss right on the lips.

It’s hard to feel like I can even do her justice.



Can you actually burst from pride? If so, we might have a real mess on our hands.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the photo and content combo! Well, as one of the people who read your FAB blog, I go everyday to see if there is something new. I'm glad things are going so well as you try to find balance. Congrats on such a full life! Love, AJ

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, those are the cutest tights ever.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job...new details/email address purlease (I am already bad as it is, in keeping details...)

BTW, I read your blog regularly just bad at leaving comments. So you have 3 readers!:-)

And I love your photos from Mexico. Lucky you with great camera...I want a new camera too but then again...I want too many things.

Muffin looks yummy (she'd be two soon!) and .... has she gone for the removal of the hemagioma already? I can hardly see them in photos anymore!

Kisses. Nina

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make it four (five, if you count my wife -- she informs me of your updated posts as much as I to her)! And I echo's Nina's request for the 411 on the objay. And we have news when you do reply... :)

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home