Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mother to Daughter

I hope to impart much parental wisdom to Muffin as she grows up. Now that I am a mom I am very sage and understand everything about everything.

I want to teach her that she can be whatever she wants when she grows up and no one should ever tell her she can't. I want to teach her that it's okay to be different. I want to explain to her that it's more important to be kind than to be right. I want to show her how to love her body, whatever shape it may be. I want to convey to her that she can love whoever she wants (man, woman, black, brown, purple, Republican), and her father and I will adore and support her no matter what.

I also hope to pass along the important life lesson that accessories can make the outfit. So far I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh ADORABLE. I remember when your parents came for Thanksgiving in London, they showed me a photo of you (when you were wee) wearing a HUGE round frame sunglasses just like the one you put on muffin!

I can see you in her...

And too damn right, accessories is the little things which make the BIG difference. I know because since I became a mum (i.e broke) I literally look great simply by accessorising...She (milly) is my biggest accessory :-)

You have all the right ideas baby :-)

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos! She is getting more and more cute by the minute.

And - boy does Muffin's mom know how to accessorize!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home