Tuesday, May 15, 2007

29 Pounds of Fabulous

At Muffin’s birthday party, I had a bucket of leis out for the kids. None of the other kids got a chance to wear them:

My friend Jenn commented that perhaps I should pass on to Muffin that golden rule of accessorizing: before you leave the house, take one thing off. That, of course, is next on my list, right after teaching her to poop in the toilet.

On Saturday morning when I went in to get Muffin up, she requested the following, in this order:

1. Ernie
2. Bracelet
3. Other Bracelet
4. Necklace
5. Sunglasses

Before we left the house, she added a backpack and a stuffed mouse. The end result is kind of…pint size drag queen, don’t you think?


I mean, does it not look a little bit like she was out clubbing all night, and has stumbled into a greasy spoon at 6am, a little rowdy and maybe possibly still drunk?


I am so going to have the weird kid on the playground wearing the tutu, the galoshes and the cowboy hat. And it is totally my fault for passing on the style obsession gene and for taking such obvious pleasure in dressing Muffin. Already she is getting very opinionated about what she wears, and I know the day is coming where I will lose control altogether. And when it's up to her -- well, the results are not pleasing to the eye. Doesn't she know when she pairs, say, her red Crocs with green socks and a pink polka dot dress, it kills Mommy a little bit inside?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think muffin looks F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. Love, AJ

11:13 PM  
Blogger Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Your blog is amazing! I love it! I found it tonight, by way of Anna's blog.

Your daughter is so cute and definitely has her own style. That is a GOOD thing! And good that you can have a sense of humor about it. What a wonderful journey you are on with her!

Namaste,

Karen Beth :)
http://zazazu.wordpress.com/

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is just coming into her own, just like her mom... Remember the days of the overalls...Lots of stories to share with Muffin...love, sun

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home