Monday, June 26, 2006

Operation Happy Bath

Muffin has recently become terrified of the bath. She's always been a little fish splashing around in our deep kitchen sink but all of a sudden she seems to think we are trying to drown her.

Since we'd need to start a bath detraumatization program anyway, I figured we might as well transition her to the big tub. The image of her in the kitchen sink is such a modern-day Norman Rockwell milieu, I was a little reluctant to let it go. But our girl is growing up and getting too big for the sink. Also, it strikes me that the spot where we scrub her butt and the spot where we clean our dishes should not be the same spot.

Muffin has since birth been deeply apprehensive of the tub's shower curtain. I don't know if it was just the tacky syncronized-swimmer motif, or the harsh sound of the metal shower rings, but she is reduced to tears if she gets within a few feet. So out with the old and in with a zen white cotton curtain and quiet plastic rings. It's so spa-like in there now she's going to expect a fluffy white robe and cucumber water. I also purchased a slew of rubber ducks, wind-up toys and funny-faced beakers to entice her further. I have my no-tears shampoo ready. Let's hope it lives up to its name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home