Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Muffin + Mommy = 4Ever

Mornings are my favorite time with Muffin. I hear her chirping from the crib, and I scoop her into our bed for a cup of milk and a bit of Sesame Street. Too sleepy to realize she has more important things to do, she cuddles into the crook of my arm and points out Elmo, which, thank god, because that guy is not overexposed or anything.

Some mornings she is so scrumptious that I daydream about her on the train. And at my desk. And in meetings. And at the gym. I replay how adorably mussed her hair is upon waking, I remember how she giggles after she burps, and I smile to think about how she kisses her stuffed animals with an enthusiastic "mwah!" I fantasize about her like I used to think about boys I had crushes on; She is my new Justin Timberlake. I plaster my cubicle with posters of her in mesh tank tops, I consult the Ouija board to see if I will marry her, and I send her notes asking if she's free after playgroup. Please check yes, no or maybe in purple crayon.

Ohmigod, isn't she just dreamy?

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms J said...

beautiful blue eyes! i love that phrase..'she's my justin timberlake'! It must feel like falling in love all over again :-)

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is gorge!!! Of course she is your BF forever. I miss seeing her, I will have to make a trip to see her soon. Love, Sun

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I love the Justin Timberlake link...I bet Chloe would look absolutely adorable doing the Space Cowboy dance. What a gorgeous little girl! Love, AJ

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I've fallen a rung or two on my wife's love ladder.

I can deal. I know deep down that I'm her real Justin Timberlake (as in the one that loves her back) and besides I'm head over heels for Muffin too.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two of you warm my heart.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, she is adorable!! I want to walk around sticking my tongue out too!!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember how i said andrew bird is my justin timberlake? we are two birds of the same feather! your justin timberlake is much cuter!!! love, OTP

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home